|This episode is under construction by DeviousPeep|
Expect many and frequent revisions to this content.
"Ill-Boding Patterns" is the 124th episode of Once Upon a Time.
When Gideon resumes his mission to kill Emma and become the savior, Mr. Gold steps in to ensure that the use of dark magic does not poison his son. Meanwhile, Robin proves willing to ally himself with anyone offering the possibility of escape from Regina and Storybrooke, and Hook gathers the courage to come clean to Emma... but not before she discovers he's been keeping a secret. In the fairytale land that was, the legendary folk hero Beowulf sets his sights on Rumplestiltskin after the latter uses his Dark One powers to defeat the ogres and win the war for humanity.
- The title card of this episode features a battle-clad ogre from the First Ogre War.
- Although credited, Ginnifer Goodwin (Snow White), Josh Dallas (David Nolan/Prince Charming) and Jared S. Gilmore (Henry Mills) are absent from this episode.
- The title of this episode was officially confirmed by executive producer/co-creator Adam Horowitz, via his Twitter account, on November 15, 2016.
- This episode marks, overall, the twenty-sixth writing credit for Andrew Chambliss and the ninth for Dana Horgan.
The episode was met with average reviews.
- Christine Laskodi of TV Fanatic gave the episode a mild review: 3.0 out of 5.0
- Entertainment Weekly gave the episode an C.
Gallery of photographic stills released to promote the episode.